Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Cornbread Muffins


I made this last night to go with my White Bean Chicken and Chorizo chili. The cornbread came out so good it was demolished in one night. So I promised I would make more today. Today I decided to make them as muffins. This is my first time developing a recipe that is entirely mine! 







Ingredients 

1 (12 oz) bag of frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup heavy cream 
2 eggs 
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar 
1 tablespoon baking powder 
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt  
3/4 c cheddar cheese









 
Preheat oven to 375ยบ F

1. Mix dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder, and salt

2. In another bowl mix wet ingredients, corn, sugar, heavy cream, milk, butter, and eggs

3. Combine wet and dry ingredients then add in cheese, mix til just combined. 

4. Lightly spray with non stick cooking spray in a muffin tin. Spoon a tablespoon of batter in each muffin cup.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and dry. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment